2025 Northern USA & British Columbia Road Trip: Hood Canal, Mount Townsend, and Mount Baker Wilderness
I continued to explore Northwestern Washington State.
The Hood Canal Area is just beautiful. A nice easy hike down to the ocean to look across the water. And a beautiful drive to get there as well.
A couple days later was a fun day hike up Mount Townsend. The road was high clearance recommended, and I did not have a high clearance car, I got very lucky that the underside of my car was dented only a little and no serious damage. After driving this road to the trailhead, I became much more conservative to avoid driving rough roads. But the hike was beautiful and I'm glad I did it.
On the way up!
Some very cool unique plants at the top.
The summit offered beautiful views.
The way the clouds were, if you looked over one side it was like you were in a plane. You were in line with the cloud line. It was a bit disorienting and really beautiful and peaceful.
A few days later I decided to go to Vancouver, Canada to meet and stay with a friend. On the way there we stopped at the Mount Baker Wilderness to do the Excelsior Pass Trail. This trail was a slog up through the trees and then once you reached the top it was beautiful views.