2025 Northern USA & British Columbia Road Trip: Glacier National Park, BC
August 10th, 2025
Beauty in the mountains and the expanse of glaciers.
I woke up and ate my oats and treated myself to a morning cup of hot tea.
I decided to hike the Abbott Ridge Trail after chatting with the rangers. It is their favorite hike, and for good reason.
The start of the trail gives you a warning.
Then you climb up into the forest. I thought these little mushrooms were so cool.
You get beautiful view points throughout the climb with a gorgeous little lake (Marion Lake) part of the way up.
This was the halfway point of the ridge, a nice couple took a photo and decided to head back. I decided to continue on, following the rocky ridgeline behind me.
One of the rock scrambles on the ridge.
I loved every minute of this hike. It was scary, but I knew I could do it. I gained a ton of confidence on this trail.
Made it to the end! I balanced my phone on a rock for this one. I had this whole view all to myself in that moment. Really really special.
Made it safely to the end of the ridge and then time to go back down the trail.