2025 Northern USA & British Columbia Road Trip: To Seton Lake Campground from Whistler, BC

August 8th, 2025

I traveled along highway 99 and stopped along near Joffre lakes. 
Next was Duffy lake. As I took in the views, a motorcycle group traveling down from Alaska stopped as well. I introduced myself and learned of their travels starting from Idaho, a ferry up to Alaska, then down to BC via motorcycles. It was a nice moment adventurer to adventurer. I shared my travels after they asked. I remember one walked up and gave me a high five saying "I don't know you, but I'm proud of you."  


I kept traveling and stopped at Seton Lake to get to the Seton Lake Campground for the night. 



I spent a nice evening relaxing and recharging. I sat around on a rock in the water, it was the perfect shape to lounge on; flat and long at a 45 degree angle. A fish (trout?) kept me company for the hour or two I laid there. Later, a mama black bear and FOUR cubs arrived on the other side of the bank. The mama grabbed a fish and they all playfully scurried away for their meal. I met some of the other travelers, it was a popular free campground. Families from the Netherlands, a mountain biker from the US, and motorcycle couples together on their adventures. Spent sometime chatting but took advantage of the cell service to text friends.